Final project Final project

It's okay, while this looks <i>very<i> rough around the edges for an animation, it seems that you are a very good illustrator, committing to an anime style of years past that only brings me back to the days when I was less than a decade old watching dubs and subs with my older siblings. While the consistency of each character's figure varies from being logical even down to proportionate hands, to the characters being dwarf-like with their relatively large head. All in all for a 4 week project this is digestible and conceivable to be a very good animated piece, but it also reminds me of the front-page content back in Newgrounds' earlier years.

emisen95 responds:

I totally agree! I'm sure there could be much more smoother lines and I really need to start putting more effort into the lineart. Before I made this I already told the teachers that it would be kinda "sketchy" so I hope they won't be to surprised.

Haha yeah right! I also remember how the older newgrounds animations used to be! And I'm glad people are improving so fast! Thank you for the feedback! :D

Dota Indigestion 6 Dota Indigestion 6

In an animation perspective, you seem to have potential judging by that rhino-centaur-man's run cycle, however this level of craft wasn't applied to the characters' talking and joking, it feels like as though you've pieced each appendage of the model together and turned their arms and heads around with the move tool or something. I think you'd do great with if you hone your animating skills to more than just this run cycle rather than to take the turn most computer-based 2D animation take today; look at Atomic Betty for example of what to avoid.

Mental Mental

In terms of story, there isn't much to Mental than just about a mental asylum patient who eventually gets back at an abusive nurse. It seems you were investing more into the directing than the plot; I like those different backgrounds behind the asylum, did you paint them yourself or did you download them online? In terms of animation, it feels I'm looking at a draft work, the characters outlines seem to go out of place in some frames and some expressions didn't seem to be as expressive or drawn as you want them to be (Such as in 3:11) and the lack of details on the teeth of the mental patient, it's just two gray-yellowish bricks.

One thing I do like about this short in terms of visuals is you've integrated animation in a 3D environment, namely on the door in which the nurse enters in and the image of a skull being broken in one of many scenes of the patient being hit on the head with the baton for comedic reliefs.

This short is not perfect when it comes to 2D animation, but the trippy background visuals and 3D environment steals the spotlight.

Remember The Boobs Remember The Boobs

Boobs, breast, bachongas....very typical of Newgrounds.

Really, it just plays as those matching games, instead with the element Newgrounds is notorious for: anime breasts.
The art isn't bad, it's like you've just drew over actual anime footage. The background is kind of bland (it's just a beach). The choice of music is sub-par.
In conclusion: it's nothing special. kind of like a less sexual alternative to most of the already blandly made MnF games.

bnpla responds:

is your apreciation towards a nice pair of boobs being diminished by the lack of contect with girls due to a poor social life? is it that bad that you just dont get turned on by boobs anymore?

or mabe boobs had become like a fantasy item in your current reality where they just dont seems to exists... it is something you just heard about, something you saw in pictures, but never felt them with your own hands...

stay strong, things will get better for you. There's always a pair of boobs out there waiting for all of us...

Pew Cubed Pew Cubed

Not bad..but overdone

Considering that you've used a 3D engine to make this shooter; I'd assume that you had a busy time when it comes to making it; I congratulate you for that, but when it comes to the gameplay itself; for the first moments it kinda feels mediocre, though impressed by the graphics, but the gameplay felt somewhat dull, you did put some effort on the music but it did not reach to my expectations to be honest, however I did like the patterning with the enemies; how they move about in one certain point, but its like playing an N64 game that was commercially unsuccessful; it was only a 'Quality over Quantity' kind of thing, In case if you make a sequel, I hope you'd be able to make the game more appealing in playing and following in the roots of the Touhou series, sounds good; doesn't it? ;)

Cave of No Return Cave of No Return

looks fair

Well what do we have here? a run and jump kind of game? honestly I think its a fair built game with a good kick in its style,such as the cinematic intro and some polygonal 3D on the cave's entrance,and a rather good song to go with it,but I believe it should've been more of a Minecraft/Terraria survival game,but is fully set in an infinite cave where you fight out monsters till your last breath,since we already have similar games like this that only uses less than 5 buttons ,or hell,make the game have this arcadey style into it and have bigger twists than what the game has,like big monsters chasing you,that'd be great.

I have given you a five for the unique style you're trying to make,but I think you should try getting this game to stick out with more enhancements.

Whenever, Wherever Whenever, Wherever

Now I think I like drumstep, made the song very catchy; good song to bring to a party. my favorite part is ~2:19-2:35. Two things I don't like about the remix was the constant screeching "wobwubs" and the edited jittering on Shakira.

NemesisTheory responds:

Thanks! It didn't sound the 'same' without the screeches, it's part of the identity of the (sub)genre, I think. But it's still cool you found it enjoyable even with that stuff! <3

Chris R Battle Theme Chris R Battle Theme

Oh hai great author!

Hai,I'd like to say that this was some pretty catchy music,the battle sequence were my favorite in the The Room Tribute,half of it because of the music,I must say its well done.

RATING
5/5
8/10

Hip hop / industrial rock beat Hip hop / industrial rock beat

sounds like something from a video game...

i understand that your trying to do something unique and original,though that there is hip hop in the song but i don't hear anything much "industrial" about it except for the drums...
though i feel like that its something you'd hear from a video game on the the SEGA genesis,like in some drugish hallucination level in some game,but not exactly toejam and earl.
3/5
7/10

CYYS responds:

Thanks for watching.
I didn't really know what style this music was so I thought it was a sort of hip hip beat because the drums are loud and there is almost no guitar, bus also rock because of the drums that sound a bit human but industrial, and the drum beat itself is rocky.
I know this website is like an videogame fan website, but I only use it for the audio portal, and I am not inspired by video game music.
Sorry for my poor english, I am french.

Shayochism Shayochism

Looks like a Tim Burton-inspired character in a comedy of errors scenario from American Psycho; and reminds me of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac but dressed like an Anime-esque character in an HBO/Adult Swim cartoon.

Blackie vs Shota Jesus 1/2 Blackie vs Shota Jesus 1/2

lol, funny, you've certainly kept your word about drawing sacreligous pedophilia, would you show this to Obama if he had won a third time?

Flight of the Eggnapper Flight of the Eggnapper

As an Arabic person, I feel honored that you've used the Arabic language to refer to "egg" or at least try to, considering that the Arabic language is not one of those languages a person would expect to see, and as for the comic strip, it was very cute.

Artist-Lost responds:

Yeah sorry about the misspelling, I just sounded it out in my head to write it. It's been a while since I studied.